Monday, February 14, 2011

signed. sealed. delivered.

I decided that for Valentines this year I would hand my 16 month old a few bottles of finger paint, a couple of crayons, some old cut up stationery and let her go hog-wild. Can you blame me with all of the snow, ice and downright chilly to the bone weather we have had here?!? After we had an insightful conversation(in which I asked Margaret "You know who makes the rules around here?" she didn't miss a beat in shaking her head up and down and saying "Dada". I kid you not this truly happened) on why eating paint and sticking paint brushes up our nostrils is not exactly the best thing to do-I think we got the hang of it. When the valentines were finished I realized that toddlers using red finger paint ends up looking a little more Valentine's Day Massacre than Valentine's Day cute craft. So I stepped in and added a little glitter and bows to the final product. They turned out pretty cute.



are you silently praying for my silk drapes? thank you-they survived.

Can you spot the streak of red paint near her mouth and her right nostril?

These precious kitty crayons are from etsy seller kittybabylove.

Margaret's adorable bow is from etsy seller giddyupandgrow. I am sad to say that it died a slow and painful death by the mouth of Butter. Anyone looking for a lab puppy?

finished result. not too shabby.







2 comments:

  1. Precious!!! I'll expect one in the mailbox tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much more brave than me! I'm not letting Aubrey finger paint in my house until he's at least......actually now that I think about it NEVER! :)
    And yes, I did a silent prayer for your drapes and those white chairs!

    ReplyDelete