Monday, February 21, 2011

from the big easy to the bay

 some very interesting street performers.  You can barely see the man in the purple unitard crawling on the street with a kazoo in his mouth.
 I had to text my friend who has fabulous fashion sense to make sure I looked not so stay-at-home-momish.  I wanted to add leggings and a sweater-she said no.
the gorgeous view from the point of The Grand Hotel
The beautiful sunset

Our trip to the Big Easy was a great one full of spontaneity, amazing food and a little retail therapy.  I have not been to New Orleans post Katrina so this visit was way over due.  This city is the picture of resilience-there were few signs of the catastrophic events of the storm.  NOLA was its usual mix of beauty with a good dose of quirkiness.  We spent more time on Magazine Street than we did on Bourbon.  I fell in love with this quaint little street with trendy boutiques and bed and breakfasts tucked behind the camellia bushes.  We ate at one of the best restaurants I have ever been to called Lilette's.  From the blood orange margarita to the poached pear with goat cheese creme freche- I kid you not this place alone is worth the trip.  Saturday morning as we were crossing over the bridge leaving New Orleans we decided that we just were not ready to go home.  So we decided an evening at the Grand Hotel in Point Clear, AL was in order.  We got there just in time to watch the sunset over the water with a cocktail in hand-and shared maybe a kiss or two.  It was a great trip and a wonderful chance for Jackson and I to reconnect.  On Sunday morning we were very ready to get back to our baby girl.  When we pulled in to Nana and Daddy Bill's house to pick Margaret up we both yelled "I get her first!" and leapt from the car.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Meg! LOVED that dress, too. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete