Wednesday, October 27, 2010

mimi, pop-pop and the pumpkin patch

The two little ones featured in these pictures make my heart sing! The old people aren't too bad either ;) Alexander, my nephew, was my first little love. I can remember him as a newborn and how I could hold him for hours. Jackson said soon after he was born that I would be getting baby fever. It's no surprise then that these two cousins are almost exactly a year apart. Margaret and I met my parents (known to anyone 3 feet and under as mimi and pop-pop) and Alexander at the Bennett Farms pumpkin patch in Heflin, AL. Heflin is half way between Atlanta and Birmingham so it was the perfect spot for us to get together. It was a beautiful day and the kids had so much fun running around the pumpkins and petting the baby animals. I packed us a picnic lunch with pumpkin cookies from Savage's bakery. Alexander ran around in circles with his pumpkin cookie while Margaret chased the barn kittens.

p.s. I am writing this while burning my Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin Candle-feeling very fallish!







1 comment: