Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st days for everyone




This week began a lot of firsts for the Ratliffs. Jackson began a new job on Tuesday. After almost 4 great years with Barber Companies he felt it was time to move on. He has started working with Bayer in commercial real estate leasing and development. It seems to be a great fit and just the challenge he needs. Today was Margaret's first day of school! I dropped her off at 9:00am and we both said our goodbyes without a tear. I was impressed with both of our restraint. My stomach has been in knots the last few days just thinking about how the day would go for both of us. But when I picked her up at 1:00pm today I knew it was the right decision. Her teachers gave me a full report on her day. And the comments were right on track. "She is a spit fire!" "Miss Margaret is a busy body! She got into everything." "We love her laugh" From everything they said I could tell that she was in her element. When I walked up to the door she saw me and her face lit up and she pointed right at me. I couldn't have expressed the feeling better myself.

P.S. 5 minutes into the car ride home she crashed.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all the good news!! And that she did well (and you) on her first day of "big girl" school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks very cute sitting next to that bag. Why didn't you put her in it? She could fit. Did she follow in her mother's shoes and have to have a "time out" on her first day at school? Did she spend time in the principal's office? Has she started a gang yet? A union? Was she voted class president?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad,
    I know the bag is huge! But I filled it quite easily. Surely you remember how I pack. No "time outs" for Miss Margaret and no visits to the principal. But yes she did start a gang. But the only weapons they wield are there teeth-pretty tame compared to the ATL.

    ReplyDelete