Wednesday, August 25, 2010

embrace the moments



We have a new development at our house in the evenings. Margaret has decided that she doesn't want to go to bed when she is tired. I will put her down she will lay there for a few minutes and then stand up in her crib and scream. Or she will go to bed but wake up screaming an hour later. I can not figure out what's going on with her. Dreams? teeth? separation anxiety? So I decided to give up trying to analyze the problem to death and to just embrace this cuddle time. Margaret is normally not a cuddler (shocker since her momma and daddy aren't either) but when she wakes up in the evening like this she is so cuddly. She will sit in our laps and let us give her lots of kisses with no squirming! All of this loving makes up for the nightly interruption. I keep reminding myself that she is growing up so fast. She will be a year old on September 22nd. And I am trying to cherish even these frustrating moments. It is difficult to do but it is something that I have prayed about. Whether Margaret is throwing one of her new tantrum fits if I take away something she is not suppose to be playing with or when she refuses to stay in my arms in the middle of a store where I just need to run one quick errand; I try to remind myself that these moments are so fleeting. This to shall pass, even the good stuff like a late night cuddle...

2 comments:

  1. this is the most PRECIOUS picture I have EVER seen. Oh my goodness!!! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet picture Megs. I love the few moments when they will sit still with you. So precious.

    ReplyDelete