Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big white caboose

Today was the first day of Margaret's fall Kindermusik class. We have both been so excited to get back to this weekly event we love. This morning during Margaret's nap I packed up her diaper bag, showered and dressed comfortably for the hour long class. We crawl around on the floor with the babies, carry them in our arms while we skip around the room-so comfort is key. I decided to wear my favorite Gap shorts. They have a small hole in the corner of the back pocket but I paired them with a long black tank that covered it nicely. Margaret woke up around 10:45 and class didn't start until 11:20 so we ran a few errands first. I stopped off at the Monogram shop to get a few of Margaret's fall things monogrammed and then filled the car up with gas. We arrive at music class a few minutes early! This never happens. I was feeling a little full of myself-super mom! I was able to get us both dressed and out the door with time to spare to run errands-whoa! The first thing I notice is that this is a very full class. Fun! Margaret will love meeting all of the new children. Miss Kelly (our music teacher) was busy speaking with another student and her parent so I walk to the front of the class and fill out a name tag for Margaret and myself. I find a nice spot for us in the circle of moms and babies and we sit down. The nice mom next to me leans over and I am thinking wow, so friendly, she's going to introduce herself already! But instead of introducing herself she whispers "You know you have a hole in your shorts?" I smile and reply, "Oh ya, but they are so soft and comfy I can't part with them!" She hesitantly smiles back at me and turns back to her daughter. Not as friendly as I thought, humph. One more sweet mom and baby enter and look around trying to find a space in the circle on the carpet. Well, I will be friendly I think. So I scoot back off the carpet onto the cold tile floor to make room for her and her sweet little one. Odd, the tile is really cold. It almost feels like my bare bottom is on the floor. Slowly it hits me. I reach around to find the small hole at the edge of my short pocket and all I feel is skin. I look back at the not so friendly mom and get her attention and say "oh wow, I didn't realize the hole was that big!" She assures me that I can just pull my tank top down and I should be fine. I immediately do this. Since this is the first class we probably won't be doing many follow the leader exercises. Hopefully we will be staying seated the majority of the class. But no, the first song after our hello song is Little Red Caboose. Miss Kelly suggests we form a line, like a train, and follow each other all around the classroom. Well, I decide to just go with it. After all what am I going to do? When I got home and could finally check in the mirror it was much worse than I imagined. I am pretty mortified. Just so you know that I am not exaggerating I am attaching a lovely picture of my Big White Caboose
.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I am absolutely dying(crying laughing) reading and seeing this. The best part is the girl trying to help you out and you assure her that you know about the hole and that this is your favorite pair of shorts. Awesome. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh it is still just as funny when you read it!!!!! This is so hilarious. I can't believe your (and mine) favorite shorts are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! I am laughing out LOUD. You gotta tell your grandchildren this story one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and of course I am way behind on laundry and only have a thong clean...nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way to funny!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete