Thursday, May 26, 2011

oh the places she'll go



Tonight I am reflecting and getting a little emotional.  Sure the pregnancy hormones are surging but I have a happy-heavy heart tonight (if that's possible?) for another reason.  My little sister-in-law is graduating from high school tomorrow.  You can see from these pictures that she is obviously a knock out-but her beauty goes far deeper than just her looks.  I first met Sarah when she was still Sarah Elizabeth :)  Jackson and I had just started dating and his family came to Tuscaloosa for a football game and Sarah was along for the ride.  All of 7 or 8 years old-gah, is that right??  She is fiercely protective of her brothers (she is the youngest and the only girl of five)  and I could tell even then she was keeping one eye on me at all times!  I did have something going for me, I worked part time at a toy store every summer so whenever I would come visit the Ratliff's in Birmingham I would be well armed with the latest toys for Sarah.  After college when I finally moved to Birmingham Sarah was my best buddy-we would go shopping together and to all the girly movies that her brother refused to go to with me.  But as the years have passed and Sarah has grown up she has become more of my confidant and equal- she gives me advice!  She is much more mature than I ever was at her age.  She is an incredible student and the best aunt in the world.  I trust her implicitly with Margaret.  I know when Margaret is with her she will not only have a blast but Sarah makes sure she actually gets to bed on time (Nana-not so sure she believes in a set bedtime..haha).  Sarah graduates tomorrow and then Sunday she is leaving for Ukraine for a mission trip.  I'm pretty sure I spent the summer after graduation working at said toy store and laying out.  Sarah never ceases to impress me!  Jackson, Margaret and I are so proud of you Sarah! Selfishly I hate that you will no longer be here in Birmingham but I am so excited for you to go to Tuscaloosa and pledge Chi Omega (ha, had to throw that in there).  Truly, I can't wait to watch the next chapter of your life unfold.  It will be amazing! I know this because you have such a pure heart and truly love and trust the Lord.  The best is yet to come sister!

2 comments:

  1. I just read this and it made me cry! It was so sweet! I love you so much and you will always be my best buddy! I cherish all of the time we have gotten to spend with each other over the past years and there will be plenty more to come! You are the BEST! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sarah, I just read it as well and it made me cry.

    ReplyDelete