Sunday, July 18, 2010

What it's about

This is the first official post on my blog. I literally just finished rocking sweet Margaret to sleep. It is one of the most precious moments of my day. There is nothing else on earth like watching your baby fall asleep in your arms. This was a beautiful ending to a wonderful weekend for me. I spent all day Saturday in Montgomery with 3 of my best friends who I don't get to spend nearly enough time with anymore. We ate, drank and laughed until our stomachs literally ached. On my drive home heading north on 65 I had some time to myself to think. I feel really blessed to have these women in my life and I pray that Margaret gets to experience friendships like these in her lifetime too. I am not sure exactly where this blog will go or even what it is for. I just plan on blogging about the things I am most passionate about. My faith, my family and friends, eating locally and naturally, raising my daughter, natural birth and breastfeeding (I hear the sighs of my friends who are thinking "more of this?!"), my post partum doula work, books and music and so on and so on. So, this first official blog is dedicated to sleeping babies, short stretches of highway and the friends who wait at the end of them, and to the stuff that makes life interesting.
























No comments:

Post a Comment